Name: Mena Massoud
On The Web: Mena Massoud on IMDb
Twitter Handle: @MenaMassoud
Bio: Mena Massoud is a Toronto based actor who stars in the highly anticipated family mystery series Open Heart premiering Tuesday, January 20, 2015 on YTV and TeenNick US. Freshly graduated from Ryerson University’s theatre program, Mena’s credits already include Combat Hospital, King, The 99, and more. Coming up, look for Mena in the short film Master of None, a comedy heist film created by some of Toronto’s most talented young and upcoming filmmakers.
1. Where do you call home? Toronto
2. What do you love most about it? It has the perfect balance of city life without being too overwhelming.
3. Born and raised here or Johnny-come-lately? I moved to Toronto five years ago to study at Ryerson University. But I’ve always been a GTA’er.
4. Is it a winter wonderland or summertime paradise? Right now it sure feels like a winter wonderland.
5. What’s your commute like? Depends where I’m going but I don’t drive down here so it’s pretty good. I hate stressing over traffic.
6. What do you do on a day off? Get together with friends and do something fun.
7. It’s my first time in town. Where should we go? We’ll start off at Liberty Village, make our way to Nadege, a local dessert shop that makes some amazing pastries, walk down Queen West for a little bit and head east towards the Distillery.
8. Is there anything you’d change about it? I wish the transit system was better.
9. Where do you go when it’s time to get away? Niagara-on-the-Lake if I have a few days off.
10. Favourite local landmark The Air Canada Centre.
11. Best local event or festival The TIFF Bell Lightbox always has some amazing exhibitions going on!
12. Favourite local team The Toronto Raptors baby!
13. Favourite local celebrity The Weird and The Wonderful. Local band people should look out for. Album drops in February.
14. Time to shop. Historic downtown or Big Box Land? Queen West or the Distillery District.
15. Favourite Mom & Pop shop Pho Hung in Chinatown.
16. Favourite local restaurant Terroni if you like Italian.
17. Best place to grab a coffee or tea Rooster Coffee or Tealish.
18. Grocery store or farmers market? Farmers market as much as possible. I support a local company called Farms & Forks.
19. Tell us something only locals know Kensington and the St. Lawrence Market are the places to be on weekend afternoons.
21. What does supporting local mean to you? It means supporting the community you live in and helping it grow. Every local area has something to offer and it should be strengthened by the people living there.
See more of our 20 Questions With… interviews here.