On the Web: www.mcewangroup.ca
Bio: Owner of North 44, Bymark, One, Fabbrica and McEwan, North 44 Caters and McEwan Catering. Head judge of Top Chef Canada and best-selling cookbook author.
1. Where do you call home? Toronto, Ontario.
2. What do you love most about it? The city is so crazy critical that it keeps you on your toes, always striving to do better.
3. Born and raised or Johnny-come-lately? Born and raised in Buffalo, NY.
4. Is it a winter wonderland or summertime paradise? Summertime for sure.
5. What’s your commute like? It takes me 15 minutes from Yorkville to get to my office at McEwan in the Shops at Don Mills.
6. What do you do on a day off? Work…I don’t typically spend days relaxing, my mind is always working…sometimes I garden to keep my hands busy.
7. It’s my first time in town. Where should we go? The new Ripley’s Aquarium is a sight to be seen.
8. Is there anything you’d change about it? …
9. Where do you go when it’s time to get away? My cottage on Georgian Bay.
10. Favourite local landmark: The grassy knoll at the TD Centre in the financial district.
11. Best local event or festival: Toronto Taste.
12. Favourite local team: Can I say the Buffalo Bills? That’s where I’m from after all.
13. Favourite local celebrity: Rob Ford? lol
14. Time to shop. Historic downtown or Big Box Land? Small stores in historic downtown areas.
15. Favourite Mom & Pop shop: The Good Bite.
16. Favourite local restaurant: I love sidling up to the bar at Origin on King.
17. Best place to grab a coffee or tea: ZAZA in Yorkville.
18. Grocery store or farmers market? I’m kind of biased because I own one, so I will say grocery store.
19. Tell us something only locals know: That there are a lot of people with beards, plaid shirts and tattoos in this city. They all start to look like one person after a while.
20. What does supporting local mean to you? It’s good common sense business practice.
See more of our 20 Questions With… interviews here.