Name: Allen Tan
Occupation: Food engineer/Entrepreneur
On the Web: www.menutdot.com
Bio: Starting a food truck the smart way! Having no culinary skills or food experience, I decided to learn from the ‘bottom up’ just how to start a food truck. I volunteered around the world seeking new experiences and knowledge. Now its time to share with everyone back home. It’s a me.n.u thing!
- My Neighbourhood: Thornhill – Currently living at Bay and Bloor.
- My daily commute: a short TTC ride up to St Clair.
- On a day off I explore: Chinatown with: my camera.
- Favourite brunch spot: Somewhere that serves all day dinner.
- Favourite Toronto landmark: The Guvernment.
- Favourite Summer-in-Toronto activity: Bike riding the streets of Toronto.
- Toronto graffiti or Art Gallery of Ontario – my style is: Toronto graffiti.
- Best Toronto beach: There’s beaches? I’d choose Wild Water Kingdom.
- Best place to grab a coffee/tea: L’Epresso Café.
- Best local event/parade/festival: VELD Music Festival.
- Favourite Toronto park: High Park.
- Time to shop. I’m heading to: Yorkdale.
- My most cherished possession: My brain.
- Favourite Toronto team: The Raptors.
- If I could rename the Toronto Raptors, I’d call them: Kukumaba.
- For a true taste of Toronto culture, the best venue is: St. Lawrence Market.
- Favourite international food: Malaysian food.
- My go-to place for dessert: Demetres.
- Best late-night eats: Chinatown.
- If I could take a visitor to only one place in Toronto, we’d go to: Kensington Market.
See more of our 20 Questions With… interviews here.