Occupation: Toronto Lifestyle Photographer
On the Web: www.diananazareth.com
Bio: Diana Nazareth is a Toronto-based lifestyle photographer specializing in family portraiture. Diana’s currently piloting a series of photography workshops around the GTA.
- My Neighbourhood: Corktown.
- My daily commute is: from my bed to my home office.
- On a day off, I explore: downtown Toronto with: my Nikon D700
- Favourite brunch spot: George St. Diner. They make the best Irish soda bread!
- Favourite Toronto Landmark: The Distillery District, a walking distance from our Corktown home.
- Favourite Summer-in-Toronto activity: hanging out in our private lane with my great neighbours and friends.
- Toronto graffiti or Art Gallery of Ontario – my style is: Both. What is Toronto without either?
- Best Toronto beach: Ashbridge’s Bay.
- Best place to grab a coffee/tea: Mercury Espresso in Toronto’s East end. They make a killer latte.
- Best local event/parade/festival: Riverdale Art Walk. I love that it’s never too crowded and it still has a real neighbourhood vibe.
- Favourite Toronto park: The recently opened Corktown Common. It’s so beautifully landscaped.
- Time to shop. I’m heading to: I like to support local entrepreneurs so I’d start online at 100MileFinds.com
- My most cherished possession: the Avon “mustang”necklace my mom bought for me when I was twelve.
- Favourite Toronto team: I don’t follow sports but being originally from Philadelphia, a true baseball city, I’d love to see a Jays game.
- If I could rename the Toronto Raptors, I’d call them: I have no idea. Let me ask my boys.
- For a true taste of Toronto culture, the best venue is: I still think College St. has it all.
- Favourite international food: I love Indian and Korean food.
- My go-to place for dessert: a trip to Menchie’s with my boys, for sure.
- Best late-night eats: With kids at home, I don’t stay out too late these days but I’m dying to try the pulled pork poutine at the Lakeview Restaurant!
- If I could take a visitor to only one place in Toronto, we’d go to: to the CN Tower, especially now that Ripley’s Aquarium will open soon at the base of the tower.
See more of our 20 Questions With… interviews here.