At this time of year it is important to complete a proper water change to prepare for winter hot tub use. Following a few key steps and procedures will ensure proper water maintenance and extended life for your spa components.
2. Add Swirl Away or a Spa Clean Puck and cycle the spa on high speed for a couple of hours to remove scale, bio film, and residue from plumbing. Tip: Do this at least twice a year.
3. Completely drain the spa using a gravity drain or submersible pump. Be sure to take time to carefully vacuum any residual water from the floor area of spa.
4. Wipe the surface of the spa with diluted water and vinegar to remove any scale build up above the waterline.
6. Once the spa is filled to the proper height, turn the power back on. Allow water to heat up to a minimum of 80 degrees before adding any products. After reaching the proper temperature test the spa water and balance your pH, Total Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness.
8. Invite friends and family over and ENJOY!!!
For any questions regarding proper drain and fill procedures please contact your local Discounter’s Pool and Spa Warehouse location.
Discounter’s Pool & Spa Warehouse offers monthly expert advice on enjoying and maintaining your indoor and outdoor pool or spa. Visit their online store for a full range of pool products and spa accessories, including all chemicals featured in this post, and check out their profile on FS Local.